Sarah Robinson – Travel Expert & Destination Planner
1 (705) 279-2454
Theres always things that can go wrong at any wedding venue, Either at home or in destination so its a good idea to consider a few pointers to make the planning and wedding less stressful.
- Affordable levels of Accommodation for everyone – Make sure the hotel offers accommodation at different price levels so all your guests have the option to attend. Also consider a resort that has something for everyone. If you have families attending make sure the property has something for the children too. Most parents will look for this within a resort for their own family vacation.
- Is there an indoor option for the ceremony? Its advisable to check that the resort offers an inside location should the weather not be as hoped that day.
- Check the options available for the venue including meals. Often theres a Free wedding package option. However, you may prefer to have a few more luxuries added to make it extra special. Most hotels will have a few levels to consider so you can pick the one that suits you best. The majority of hotels have their own certified wedding planners in resort and work with you nearer the date of departure to finalize all the details before you arrive.
- Hair Dresser – Its advisable to speak to your local Hairdresser and ask for advice on a style that will hold with the humidity. Book a trial view and take photos to show the hairdresser in resort unless your hair dresser is traveling with you. You may also prefer to take your own styling products.
- Sewing repair kit – I would highly recommend taking needle and cotton as you never know if anyone will loose a button or need a quick fix. Maybe add a few clear buttons to your kit…Just in case!
- Will there be children attending the wedding? During the reception they can get a little restless. Consider taking a special package for them to keep them occupied such as crayons and a colouring book or stickers.
- Clothing & Footwear. Take into consideration the weather and the location of the ceremony. Many bridal stores offer Destination type wedding dresses. Advise them at your appointment so they can offer suitable suggestions. There are also many great outfit suggestions and ideas for the men. Rather than a full suit, shirt & tie for example. Shoes may also be something to consider. A pair of nice heels may be nice for photos in a garden or Gazebo etc but if you plan on the ceremony taking place on the beach, you will need alternative footwear or go with bare feet or a nice pair of flip flops.
If things are not going as planned, such as the venue has to be moved inside because it is raining or the flowers are the wrong shade of pink. Accept the mishaps and keep a smile on your face. The day will be much more enjoyable for everyone. The guests will not notice and you can continue to make happy memories.
To make sure you get the best prices and enough availability, book as soon as possible. Its advisable to book at least 12-18months in advance.